Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The greatest gift

I'm glad to report I walked into my quarter in the best company I could imagine – and I mean literally walked, as I was in the middle of our yard when midnight stroke, and spent the next 20min on a walk with Sambo. And realized I lowered my criteria with the years – I usually wished a good portion of snow for my birthday, the last few years I usually spent this day with a horse between my legs and often I would see a nice scarf or something and reported that to my nervous and frustrated relatives without any ideas. Well, for my birthday this year I got a black ciliate that rushes up and down and gives me a big grin every few metres. I admit, this is enough. But I also got a special bonus.

Sambek started with radiations on Monday – he'll have 12. i couldn't go alone through this, there's too much of everything, but at least here I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. They say you realize who your true friends are when you're in trouble and going through a hard time, and I got so many nice surprises these days I'm speechless. Thanks to everybody that is here for me, thanks for all the cheering for Sambo and me, thanks for all the help, the kind words and the support. It's awfully hard to find yourself in a hard situation that you haven't caused and where a happy ending isn't sure even if you put in all your effort. It's horrible to be standing beneath such a cloud, but when you see that many arms reaching for you it's much easier to step forward and walk until you get to a sunny spot. I believe we'll reach the sun soon, with your help too, and stay there until Sambo turns blonde like me and I tan so that I get black like him. Thanks again, you're the best.

So this year I won't wish all the best for me – I already have that. I have Sambo, Olaf, Gregor and all of you who stand by my side. This year I wish… I wish I get some socks that'll stay dry even after 100m of a doggy walk in wet grass, a good piece of cake and a massage that will cure my neck problem. I know, I'm very demanding, but I can upgrade my standards for the first 25 years of my life.

Thanks to all the ones cheering for us and thanks to Sambo for making my life better. I hope I'll live to experience many more birthdays in the company of your woof-s, toothed grins, paws offered for scratching (not to mention the hairy butt) and amazing energy and ideas.

Greetings to all of you, Urša and Sambo (sleeping at my feet)

No comments: